Please disable “pop-up” blocker, or email resume
and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sep 16, 2022
1100 106th Ave. NE, Suite 101, Bellevue, WA 98004 USA
About the position
The Stress Engineer performs stress analysis in support of the structural design, certification, and maintenance of the A321 passenger to freighter conversion STC project, as well as other aerospace engineering projects. This includes the performance of static ultimate strength, fatigue, and damage tolerance evaluations of complex structural alterations, repairs, and deviations. The Stress Engineer also applies knowledge of stress engineering principles, theories, concepts, industry practices and standards, regulatory requirements to perform other related technical duties, including, working closely with design engineers to develop and improve structural designs, improve margins, and mitigate technical risks. As well as being directly involved in publications, testing, certification, configuration management, and other aspects of aircraft structural engineering.
Interested candidates should mail a cover letter and resume to Sine Draco Aviation Technology, Ltd, Attn: Recruiting, 1100 106th Avenue NE, Suite 101, Bellevue, WA 98004.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs detailed static ultimate strength, fatigue, and damage tolerance analysis of complex aircraft structure to support obtaining the regulatory approval of drawings, repair/deviation instructions, maintenance/inspection programs, and the manufacturing review board process.
• Uses classical hand calculation techniques, finite element models, and other software tools to determine aircraft structural loads and stresses to ensure that repairs and alterations meet all applicable regulatory requirements with positive margins of safety.
• Work closely with the design engineers, team lead, suppliers, and technical management personnel in development of the design and configuration of new structural installations, such as sizing parts and structure, reviewing and approving drawings, presenting stress findings and challenging design solutions to ensure they meet or exceed regulatory and program requirements.
• Provides the expertise, including all stress analysis, designs, instructions, and regulatory approvals, to respond to customer, vendor, or maintenance inquiries due to structural discrepancies such as damage, workmanship errors, drawing errors, or differences in aircraft configuration.
• Investigates in-service discrepancies to develop regulatory approved corrective actions using stress analysis and knowledge of requirements for design, fabrication, and installation to maintain the continued airworthiness and mission capability of an aircraft at a high level of reliability.
• Develops, deploys, and supports in-house and commercial software applications to enable the efficient performance of stress engineering tasks and to drive product improvements.
• Researches and prepares data to support the definition of structural design requirements as well as regulatory requirements.
• Researches the application of new technologies, new product designs, and structural life enhancement concepts to improve future and existing products.
• Develops test plans, conducts pre-test analysis, monitors tests, analyzes and correlates test data, and documents results, to develop and certify structural concepts, entire aircraft installations, investigates failures, and develop material allowables.
• Prepares technical documentation including reports concerning stress analyses, test reports, repair/deviations instructions, job/task cards, drawings, and publications.
• Applies OEM technical data (such as manuals, drawings, and service bulletins), STC technical data, as well as regulatory requirements such as airworthiness directives and federal regulations, in the development of structural repairs, alterations, and the associated supporting documentation.
• Assists the company’s technical management in development and establish policies, and procedures. Prepares non-technical documentation including statements of work, quotes, proposals, and templates.
• Provides 24/7 onsite or remote engineering structural and stress engineering support to aircraft around the world undergoing either maintenance actions (planned or AOG) or modifications.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures, such as continuous improvement and the quality management system to maintain our AS9100 certification.
• As needed, serves as an administrator of the product data management system and reviews and releases data in the role of a configuration management specialist.
Skills and Qualifications
• 5 years of work experience in aerospace mechanical engineering related areas. Specifically, we require the 5 years of work experience to include on-site structural or stress engineering experience directly supporting aircraft maintenance and/or modifications in both the USA and internationally
• 5 years of experience in conducting static ultimate strength, fatigue, and damage tolerance analysis of complex structural repairs and alterations on commercial aircraft structure, including Airbus A320 family aircraft.
• 5 years of stress analysis experience on both metallic and composite aircraft structures.
• 1 year of experience as a structural engineer working for a commercial airline with work experience related to airworthiness directives, service bulletins, repairs, alterations, maintenance, and reliability.
• 5 years of experience in designing structural repairs, alterations, and deviations on aircraft structure that are compliant with regulatory requirements and commercial aircraft industry standards.
• 5 years of experience drafting repairs or alterations with CAD software (AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS, and/or CATIA) and using crack growth software (NASGRO or AFGROW) to perform DTA.
• 5 years of experience in attaining regulatory approvals for repairs or alterations on commercial aircraft structure from the FAA and other foreign regulators, such as the EASA.
• 5 years of stress analysis experience finding compliance with 14 CFR Part 25 and 26, including experience with 25.571 and 26.47.
• This position requires limited domestic travel to client sites. (7 days/month to Tucson, Arizona)
• Excellent medical insurance coverage
• Life insurance
• 401K account
• HSA and FSA accounts
• Generous holiday, vacation and sick leave
• Industry and market competitive compensation
Sine Draco is a multi-national corporation with headquarters in Nanchang, Jiangxi Province, China with a subsidiary in Bellevue, Washington, USA. Sine Draco’s business portfolio includes investment management, aircraft design, modification and certification, aircraft part-out, and MRO development. Sine Draco provides a wide range of management, certification, technical, design and engineering services for the international commercial aviation industry.
Sine Draco offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. Sine Draco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.